[WORK IN PROGRESS] SCIFI INTERFACE Package

Hello fellow Developers,

I just wanted to know if there is a general interest in SciFi Interfaces. A package would include a broad range from desktop-like screens to door panels or general advertisements displayed as holograms.

The quality of the assets would be like this:

2249468--150286--interfaces.jpg 2249468--150288--interfaces2.jpg

I am aiming for like 14-20 different screens that can be used together with like 8-12 different devices they would get projected on or from. The screens as well as the devices would come fully textured in high resolution and PBR-ready. The screens would be usable together with more than just one device, as already shown in the picture.

I would like to know, if you guys are interested in such assets to give your scifi scenery a bit more detail and life.
What would you guys be willing to pay for a package like this?

I hope to get some answers and I´m open for any suggestions! Stay awesome and developin´.

Greetings from germany,

Moritz
Awesome Assets

A couple suggestions/requests:

• Damaged panels. What sci-fi movie doesn't have a scene where they shoot out a panel? :-)

• Animation clips would be nice, such as clips for bringing the hologram panel online and offline. They're easy enough to make, but it would be a nice bit of polish if already came configured.

I'd buy this if the price is comparable to similar products on the Asset Store (which appear to run the gamut from $7 to $35 USD).

Thanks a lot for your feedback Tony! I will keep that in mind! Although the main thing will be the interfaces and the corresponding frame-ish things : ) Maybe I can get this into to the package though! :)

I will be uploading some new pictures of the creation in progress in the next days! I hope you stay up to date! :)

2251557--150450--progress_01.JPG 2251557--150451--progress_03.JPG 2251557--150452--progress_02.JPG

Here are some WIP shots. I don´t really know, why the endges in the normal map are getting displayed that pixelated although they are really smooth in the .tga files, but nvm, I guess you get the idea where this is going. =)

The screen color and brightness can be easily tweaked within the material to fit your scenes` needs. Hope you like it! :))

More in the next few days! I am always excited about new input on this and hope to hear something from you guys :)

More to come:

• Elevator Controls
  • Access Card Reader Device (like the ones in a hotel)
  • Generic Advertisment Frames and Screens
  • .. and some more ; )

Kind regards,

Moritz
Awesome Assets

1 Like

Some of the items below can be viewed in the images.

A little update on the package. (Items marked green are finished except for animations that may come optionally)

Textures:

• Generic Advertisment Screens (4/8) - Retina Scanner (1/1) - PIN Input Interface (1/1)
  • Desktop Screen + Keyboard (2/3) - Hand- / Fingerprint Scanner (1/1) - Elevator Control (1/1) - Holo-Table Tactical Map (1/1)

Models:

- Single Signpost
- Double Post holding the Ad screens
- Wall Panel (for different screens like Retina/PIN/Fingerprint)
- Wall Projector (for different screens like Retina/PIN/Fingerprint)
- Elevator Control
- Desktop Frame for a PC-ish appearance
- Holo Table (nearly finished)

Ideas for more Content:

• Damaged Panels / Interfaces
  • Animations for the screens

I hope you guys like it. Please let me know what you think about it. If there are models or screens that you think would be great to have, let me know : )

Since I am mainly a 3D-Artist I would be really thankful, for anyone who gives me a hint or a tutorial on how to properly use Spritesheets for texture animation within Unity.

Kind regards,

Moritz
Awesome Assets

Looks great!

The animations I had in mind were simple changes to color and size -- for example, when you activate a panel, the holographic display part could fade in and expand from a single dot in the center to its full size.

These look really great.....I can see them fitting in something like the new Doom. Nice Job

TonyLi, first of all, thanks again for your great input. I think the kind of animation you mean is something, that would be triggered by some sort of script. Sadly scripting is nothing im capable of. What I meant was, that some parts of it get animated. For example on the retina scanner a "scanner-bar" that goes from the top to the bottom and repeats. So that the whole screens doesn´t look too static.

My problem / question is, that I don´t know how to import an image sequence or a sprite sheet properly into unity to get this working. Would love to know how to do that, since my search for tutorials on that, just led to script-based stuff.

Anyway thanks a lot for the feedbad, and spryx: Thanks, glad you like them too!

Sprite sheets are not my strong suit, but maybe you don't need one. Perhaps you could create an animation clip in the Animation view to animate the bar going up and down.

This is a pretty good tutorial if you want to go with spritesheets: http://www.strandedsoft.com/using-spritesheets-with-unity3d/

Just a little update on how the package is progressing.

Feature list updated!

2 Likes

Some more progress. (Feature list updated)
The Elevator Control is completely done now.

Every model included in the package will be available with these 4 different Materials.

The color of the interface can still easily be tweaked via the color picker for the Emission.

The Albedo textures will be prepared so that you can easily tint the color scheme to fit in your scenery.

And some more. Left side is the clean one and on the right side the damaged/grungy one.

I´m pretty happy how this model turned out even though you can hardly see any of the different material characteristics without any motion.

Hope you guys like it! If you got any feedback, let me know it! : )

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Moritz

I like the grungy texture variations; they make the devices look "lived in". It might be too much to ask, but it would be great if there were three options: clean, grungy, and a completely damaged/broken/inoperable model.

I Already though about that last point you made. Maybe I will take the grungy texture and deform the models, so that they look even more broken.

But I have to see, maybe that is something I will give away as a free upgrade. It is really hard to maintain a proper project speed next to my regular job. And starting a whole new texturing process for something, maybe nobody will buy, is sadly just too much time wasted.

I hope you can understand. But I will keep it in mind. And TonyLi, thanks again for your feedback!

[quote=“MMecking”, post:4, topic: 593445]

Here are some WIP shots. I don´t really know, why the endges in the normal map are getting displayed that pixelated although they are really smooth in the .tga files, but nvm, I guess you get the idea where this is going. =)

The screen color and brightness can be easily tweaked within the material to fit your scenes` needs. Hope you like it! :))

More in the next few days! I am always excited about new input on this and hope to hear something from you guys :slight_smile:

More to come:

• Elevator Controls
  • Access Card Reader Device (like the ones in a hotel)
  • Generic Advertisment Frames and Screens
  • … and some more ; )

Kind regards,

Moritz
Awesome Assets
[/quote]

Hi,
These assets look awesome. Can I purchase them in the asset store?

Looks great.