"Wrap non AppError: unexpected EOF" - awesome job on the lightning sale

Got 3 items at 90% off. But I get this after submitting payment. Did I buy them? Who knows.

3 Likes

I did't even get that far, everything gives that error

1 Like

Unbelievably horrible customer experience Unity…seriously.

3 Likes

Open an editor, the Package Manager a bit faster, you can see if it is among your assets.
I wanted to buy 4 assets, 3 went through, despite the error message. (Also got the emails from PayPal :)).
7656730--955276--screenshot.png

But the Asset Store is basically crushing under load.

1 Like

I wonder If even Unity invested couple of bucks to increase load on their asset store servers for this sale. I just have doubts.

2 Likes

I had 4 items in my cart before the sale, just waiting. Now, can’t refresh. So sad.

You can’t buy through cart, only through the “Buy Now” button.

1 Like

It now gives me
"Internal server error: Fail to get redis data"

2 Likes

It was totally not foreseeable that Unity’s own customers would DDOs the servers.
And it will continue, thanks lightning deals!

1 Like

They know how to spend $1.5B, but they can't take my $30 :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks! Mine did go through. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote]
Open an editor, the Package Manager a bit faster, you can see if it is among your assets.
I wanted to buy 4 assets, 3 went through, despite the error message. (Also got the emails from PayPal :)).

But the Asset Store is basically crushing under load.
[/quote]
Even I got animancer Pro :smile:
Really didn't wanna use mecanim graphs anymore :p

Check ur balance if it actually went with the discounted or full price, u may be surprised :slight_smile:

Mine did not. Imagine 1,000 people crashing your servers. Maybe they need to upgrade from their moms basement? This is absolutely stupid. I had 3 items in my cart to buy and it crashed as I was buying them. Why in the hell would they make this sale then limit the quantities and not be prepared for as lot of users logging in? Please for the love of God fire someone for this. I want a head to roll.

1 Like

IDK, I’m mildly interested, wouldn’t buy it for $90, but for $9 it was worth it to check out.

1 Like

Ah well, hope the deals I was trying to get are still available later. Really need to get some sleep now.

1 Like

They wont be, this was all a terrible gimmick that came back to smack them in the face. So pissed at this juvenile operations.

5 Likes

I don’t think they can charge you a different price than the one you clicked on when confirming the purchase.
It would need to throw an error and cancel the purchase if the price changes during that time.

It would, but how it works in reality, i dont even think God knows.

Completely agree. This is the worst style of discount they could’ve done honestly, and it’s surprising to me that they didn’t actually expect the website to be in the state that it is…

3 Likes