WTF is wrong! OnTrigger, OnCollision, nothing working!

So, all of a sudden in my project OnTrigger, OnCollision, Detect range, none of them would work. I tried copy pasting scripts, I tried following tutorials, I tried bare bone collision scene( Cube1[Has Collider set to IsTrigger, and Script] Cube2[Has collider, rigidbody, yes i tried even setting to is kinematic] moving Cube2 through Cube1, Regardless of what I try, Still nothing is working. I even went as far as re installing unity, deleting all my other projects off my computer, doing all updates for windows, restarting completely. Why wont anything work??

Here is the bare bone script for collision detection.

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class Test : MonoBehaviour {

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    {
        Debug.Log("Shit be Working NOW??");
    }
}

What do you mean all the sudden it stopped working? Did you ever even have it working before in your current project?

So you said:

“( Cube1[Has Collider set to IsTrigger, and Script] Cube2[Has collider, rigidbody, yes i tried even setting to is kinematic] moving Cube2 through Cube1”

It looks like from your description you got the IsTrigger set on the wrong object. You should remove the is trigger from the stationary Cube1 and put it on the Moving Cube2.

Your moving trigger object needs to have a collider, rigidbody, and isTrigger enabled.

Sounds like you did everything right except you need to swap the triggers you have it backwards.

That way your cube 1 will receive the trigger collision in your script.

I’m not a documentation guru (actually really bad at studying) so hopefully I’m not mixed up here but I’ve always used the trigger object on the moving one, I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.

But I think the script can be on either object. What’s important is that only one of them is a trigger object and that’s the one that is moving, has a collider, and rigid body.

Ok, so After going through what no programmer should ever have to endure(You will not believe the thing’s I’ve done in the past two days…) After reinstalling windows, unity, visual studio, etc. I made a new project, 1 cube, 1 sphere, OnCollisionEnter, Attached rigidbody to the sphere, pressed play, moved the sphere into the cube and holy vector3 it worked. the cube was destroyed. STILL have issue with onTriggerEnter, but I feel Mel Gibson in Braveheart, yes that part with the paint on his face.