You may not have purchased this app (OBB Expansion Files)

I apologise if this has already been answered but I’ve been getting confused with all the posts relating to this.

So I used the tutorial found here: Tutorial Unity 4 apk splitting into OBB for google play

I had a bit of trouble with it to begin with, saying ‘Resources cannot be found’ but I think that was due to me incorrectly merging the AndroidManifest. Once this was fixed, I re-uploaded the APK and OBB (with correct Public Key) and waited overnight to test it, to make sure time wasn’t an issue. Now when I open the app, it says ‘Download failed because you may not have purchased this app’. I also made sure my email address has testing access and the licence test response is set to ‘LICENSED’.

A couple of other things:

  • Version number is set to 1

  • I renamed my OBB and Bundle Identifier (In the Inspector) ‘main.[VERSION.NUMBER].com.[COMPANY.NAME].[BUNDLE.ID].obb’

  • My app name is the same as the name on the Google Developer Console

  • I am using the Vuforia plugin

  • My AndroidManifest (once merged) looks like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>










     <application
     	android:icon="@drawable/app_icon"
         android:label="@string/app_name"
         android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
         android:debuggable="false">
         <activity android:name="com.qualcomm.QCARUnityPlayer.QCARPlayerProxyActivity"
                   android:label="@string/app_name"
                   android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|
    

screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">















    </application>
    <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
</manifest>

<!-- android:installLocation="preferExternal" -->

I think thats about all the information I can muster. Can anyone have a crack at this? It would be greatly appreciated.

(Here’s a screenshot of my AndroidManifest, as it doesn’t format properly when copied and pasted)

Here are few things to check:

  • You must publish your application in either alpha or beta distribution channel. As per APK Expansion Files documentation:

Previously you could test an app by
uploading an unpublished “draft”
version. This functionality is no
longer supported; instead, you must
publish it to the alpha or beta
distribution channel.

  • Also check that you have set your version number to be 1.0 as it is specified in your menifest. In description above you have specified that ‘Version number is set to 1’.
  • And sometimes you need to wait for longer than a night for files to propogate and being able to download.