Hello,
I downloaded Unity and went through the tutorial. Then a few days later updated for 2019 to Unity 2020.1.8f1. I imported some assets from the unity store then decided to go through the tutorial again to refamiliarise myself with how Unity works. However, I have been getting the error:
All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!
UnityEditor.SceneView:ShowCompileErrorNotification()
And it gives these three errors:
Assets\FPS\Scripts\EnemyController.cs(7,14): error CS0101: The namespace ‘’ already contains a definition for ‘EnemyController’
Assets\FPS\Scripts\EnemyController.cs(118,10): error CS0111: Type ‘EnemyController’ already defines a member called ‘Start’ with the same parameter types
Assets\AllStarCharacterLibrary\Scripts\killParticle.cs(7,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘ParticleEmitter’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
I’ve tried a fresh install but am getting the same errors. Is it possible that my fresh install just wasn’t fresh enough? Or is there something I can do my poking around in a few files? I’m not very educated in coding, I’ve just started to learn. I’m using Windows 7.
From the first two errors it sounds like you have multiple copies of the EnemyController script in your project. Maybe you imported it twice or something?
From the third error, it seems like whatever AllStarCharacterLibrary is, it’s using “ParticleEmitter”, which is Unity’s very old obsolete particle system, which has been finally removed from Unity in the 2020 version. Therefore you might have to upgrade that asset to use unity’s new particle system to get it to work in 2020.
Thanks for your help and for explaining it in very plain English. I’ve removed the AllStarCharacterLibrary assets and that does seem to have solved the problem.
A new problem has popped up but I’m going to try and sort that one out before I come back here.
Bende de aynı sorun var. Kendime küçük bir fps oyunu yaptım ama oynat’a tıkladığımda "Oynatma moduna girmeden önce tüm derleyici hatalarının düzeltilmesi gerekiyor! UnityEditor.SceneView: ShowCompileErrorNotification () ‘’ yazıyor. Yardımcı olabilirseniz çok sevinirim, daha yeniyim
I have the same problem too. I made myself a little fps game but when I click play it says "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode! UnityEditor.SceneView: ShowCompileErrorNotification () ‘’. I would appreciate if you could help, I’m newer
this my errors any ideas? Assets\AllStarCharacterLibrary\Scripts\killParticle.cs(7,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘ParticleEmitter’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)