Application.LoadLevel not loading levels

Hi there!
Just a bit of an FYI before we begin–I’m super new to all of this, so please excuse my newbishness.

I have a simple script for a “portal” to the next level at the end of a basic parkour course. I put it together off of a bit of googling and the API documentation provided by unity. I have an invisible 100x1x100 cube at the bottom of the world to reset you when you fail the course–and that works fine. But when I try to load a new level it doesn’t want to work.
Here is the code:

var levelToLoad : String = "level2";
function OnTriggerEnter(other : Collider) {
 Application.LoadLevel(levelToLoad); 
}

1 Answer

1

The code itself looks fine, but there’s two ways it might fail:

  1. Is the level to load configured in your build settings? The LoadLevel function can only load levels that have been added to the build.
  2. Is OnTriggerEnter being called in the first place? You might add a simple Debug.Log call, just to make sure.

I’m inclined to hold this in the moderation queue; if it’s either of those two points, then this falls under frequently asked questions. It’s not a bad question, we’re just trying to be more careful about how many of those we post.

It was the build settings. Sorry, didn't know to look there and it seemed a bit of a specific, if boring, question for the FAQ. Thanks for helping :)

–