We’ve finally have beta 9.9.9 version of our bowling game. The scoring is 99% done, and has over a thousand lines of script! :shock: Click on the link below to check out the game and a few others. Let us know what you think.
nice! the bowling controlls are a bit strange for me, but the pins do react realisticly. actually the air hockey one is my favorite. IMO i’d make the board a bit larger in proportion to the puck / players (it seems a bit confined relative to the real thing), and obviously add enemy shots, but overall this works really well - very fast paced entertaining.
BTW the music on all your games is top notch ; )
Your sound and presentation is really good.
I also found the bowling controls somewhat weird.
I dragged and dropped the ball as instructed, but nothing much happened. I then tried to “throw” the ball with the mouse, but it didnt really get any speed that way, but bumped off screen.
What worked, was to simply click the ball once, then when the view switched to follow the ball, I could click it again to add more speed, and then try to steer it towards a strike.
Which resulted in some nice fireworks and some unreadable text ![]()
The game didn’t seem to know what to do, once it was over. I could keep rolling the ball, but no more pins showed up.
I got kinda hooked on your other game “GemMaze”, because there was a feeling of progression from one level to the next. Ok, it seemed to end at level 3, but it was fun while it lasted. Really nice music on that one.
Thanks for checking out the games. I’m using the DragRigidbody script to throw the ball. Once you get the hang of it, it’s actually quite controllable (for me anyway). You are right about the bowling scoring, it’s about 99% done, the last frame isn’t finished, it will be soon.
Do you mean the score is unreadable, or do you mean something else?
GemMaze has 5 levels now.
I was referring to what happened, when I made a strike.
What I took for a nice little bonus animation appeared with some fireworks. In the middle of the fireworks was some colourful text, that i found a bit too dark and blurry to read. I am guessing it might have read “strike” or something.
And yes, I recognized the DragRigidbody script. I just could not figure out what to do with it.
Was I supposed to “throw” the ball upwards with great force?
Anyway, just clicking on the ball worked much better.
Good work Daniel, but I too found the controls a bit odd at first. Sure, I was able to sort things out (click once, then repeatedly click on the ball as it went down the lane to give it more speed) but I guess it felt confusing as I tend to expect the aim, click to being “powering up”, click again to release control set… Perhaps that’s more of my problem though. ![]()
The game was designed to click on the ball, hold the click down, swing the ball, then release the click to throw the ball. The click once on the ball was only intended as a fix if people threw the ball too slow. I’ll probably disable this and do it a different way. The intention is to have you swing the ball as you would a real bowling ball. It’s a lot more fun once the hang of the throwing (I think).
Thanks
I really don’t like the view while throwing. I don’t look at my shoes when I bowl (which is rarely). Wii Sports bowling (cough) is far more pleasant… sorry to be so critical.
I think this is a case of gameplay > physics.
Where is the link??
Why did you bump a thread from 2007?!
How do you even find this?!?!?!
Well, I find this in the search. I’m working on bowling game to, but 9 pin (European style)…
Bowling, you say? Here’s my bowling game … ![]()