Cannot Connect To Unity Asset Store From Inside Unity Application

Hello Everyone!

Today I downloaded unity on my home computer but every time I attempt to open the asset store it says I’m offline and I receive this error

“Failure when receiving data from the peer url: https://kharma.unity3d.com/”

and the window has a banner that says “you are currently offline” because of this I cannot access the asset store whatsoever even though when I open the asset store in internet explorer I can fully browse it

I have spent over an hour now going through 20 or so solution threads but have not found anyone’s solutions to help me

I am using version 4.6.1f1 on windows 7 with no antivirus or firewalls besides the default windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials both of which I have tried disabling but it doesn’t help

Is there anyway to fix this issue or even download and use stuff from the asset store if I can access it only in internet explorer

1 Answer

1

I don’t know how to fix it but i know a workaround!

  1. Look for [Project] panel. (If you don’t see it, hit “Ctrl + 5” or Window → Project)
  2. Look for the search bar (Normally is right below the “Project” title
  3. Search for the asset that you want
  4. Right below the search bar there is a bar look like “Search: [A dropdown list]”
  5. Click the dropdown list and select “Asset Store”
  6. Select the asset you want to download, it should appear in Inspector panel (Ctrl + 3 or Window → Inspector)
  7. Hit download :slight_smile: