Hi all, a quick poll to see when everyone started gaming .
I’ll go first- Sega Genius, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, one of the best co-op games ever .
Hi all, a quick poll to see when everyone started gaming .
I’ll go first- Sega Genius, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, one of the best co-op games ever .
First gen gaming: The Magnavox Odyssey.
We also had the Colecovision, Channel F, and an Atari 2600.
Many years later, I got an NES. Best. Day. Ever.
NES with the Super Mario/ Duck Hunt package. yeah
No option for Amiga?
Started off on the Amiga 500 way back in the day.
C64 with Wizball, Head Over Heels and Outrun.
I think this counts as Atari generation: Magnavox Odyssey 2 with K.C. Krazy Chase, Pick Axe Pete, Freedom Fighters and this racing game that had 3 games in a cart.
I didn’t get an Atari until way later when people were literally tossing them out as garbage (got 3 from family) but I jumped from the Odyssey 2 to an NES with Metroid as my sole owned game (other than the included Super Mario/Duck Hunt cart.)
Think I had every Nintendo console science (the wii was a gift, I was not that interested in it) got a PSX and PS2 (solely bought to play FFX but did buy more games than I was able to play,) A Dreamcast (still think it was the best console ever made for its time) and an XBox 360.
I loved K.C. Krazy Chase (and K.C. Munchkin), and Pick Axe Pete! Awesome games!
I bought the original Playstation for the sole purpose of playing FFVII. (I took 3 days off of work) ![]()
I think my fist interest in game design came from K.C. Krazy Chase and it’s built in level editor. Crazy how I would recreate whole levels every time before sitting down to play them.
Wow seriously i’m the youngest so far?
I’ve been gaming since i was like 4, albeit that was the n64/ps1 generation.
Hey, what about zx spectrum, commodore 64, atari and amiga?
Check out our company photo album from the Midwest Gaming Classic for a healthy dose of nostalgia. Yeah, we’re playing multiplayer Space Invaders on the Channel F.
Thanks for making me feel positively ancient. My first system was Pong. Had four varieties of pong.
I added before, but I didn’t list every single gaming system .
Honestly I miss the Sega Genius days , like their was an insane amount of content coming out in terms of gaming .
Today is like a new gaming golden age- The next few years are looking very bright !
Geez…no love for the younglings
My first game console was the Sega Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure 1 bundle
got it when I was 3 back in 01’
My very first console was the Sega Master System 2.
Some of the best games were on that.
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
-Superman.
-Mickey Mouse : Land of Illusion.
-Astrix and the Secret Mission.
-Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
I miss it so much ![]()
Edit : In the poll, you seem to have forgotten the PS2 / Xbox / Game Cube generation.
I noticed that too. Apparently 2000 was a slow year for conception… y2k bug
Super mario world, Smash TV <3
My first console was Phillips Odissey . I loved it so much. Then Master System, Sega Genesis, SNES, 3D0, Playstation, N64, XBOX360
(yes, I missed that part PS2,Xbox,gamecube generation) I was playing PC …
PC, with older stuff like Flashback and Commander Keen and Magic Pockets.
Didn’t play console games until I got an xbox 1, and even then I had 2 games on it. Still not a fan of consoles but they’re not awful any more.
c64 first computer…