"Flappy Doge" - Mobile Unity 2D Game

Hello everyone,

My name is Choof, I am a first year engineering student who loves game development. I have been doing it since I was 11 (my dad introduced me to Unity) and loved it ever since. I participated in many game jams, but never really made a full scale game. I figured the pandemic was the perfect time to do something, so I made a mobile game called Flappy Doge. It was initially a small side project, but some of my friends convinced me to make it into a game, so here we are!

It’s a “Flappy Bird” clone, but I added a few neat things to make it more fun. Your goal is to survive (not hit any pipes), but also to collect DOGE. You can spend the DOGE on upgrades to earn even more DOGE. I was trying to fuse aspects of Flappy Bird, Incremental games, and our favourite internet meme.

I’m working on a cosmetic/skin system, so players can use their DOGE to get new characters, maps and items. I still have a lot in the works, but if you want to try it i’ve opened up pre-registration on Google Play. You can also join the Discord if you have any feedback/bugs/ideas.

Cheers!

Pre-register here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChoofStudios.FlappyDoge2

Discord: Flappy Doge

Hi, awesome that your dad introduced you to Unity. Flappy bird was an addicting game so its nice to see people preserving the game in these kind of ways. Looking forward to seeing more