Hello readers I might be leaving Unity for UDK Don’t get me wrong
But I like unity3d I really do but I just dont know if im wanting to give
UDK a chance but I was thinking about staying with unity but I dont know
So if you guys dont hear from me then im sorry for that
the one of seven may be geting passed on to who ever wants it
But im not entirely for sure so hang in there with me
and let me know what you think…
Peace! ![]()
Have fun. I’ve never understood these “I’m leaving Unity” threads.
Choose whatever works best for you – Good luck in your future projects.
I guess it’s good to feel out what is out there, however, there is also something to be said for sticking with one tool and mastering it. You may find UDK’s workflow and coding to be a bit perplexing compared to Unity. You will find it’s graphics engine to be beautiful and the free real time shadows are a huge plus. I came close to working with it also. I was trained with it in college so I was more familiar with it, and yet Unity was so incredibility easy to work with I changed over to Unity instead. But, to each their own. Good luck, keep practicing and learning.
Does it seem to anyone else that people who make forum nicknames with “unity” in them are practically destined to make one of these threads?
Nobody cares if you stay or not ![]()
+1
I think you should go to UDK. The guys there have the same rights as us to have you. Just go there and start write tutorials and dont mind the fools that bug you about spelling and grammar.
Can I have your stuff?
Leave O.O;
You should learn both. Unity3D and UDK. Try also learn Havok and Corona SDK.
All of them are tools and require proficiency.
If you are not proficient, consider another career choice.
Now that is funny!
Loool, ohhh sweet everquest memories from back in the day.
Wait. Who are you?
He made the “what’s your favorite script” thread remember?
On a more serious note, what the heck is the point of this thread? I mean come on, this basically says if I’m not active for the next couple months I’ve gone to UDK. Who cares? It might have a point if you gave a scrap of info why, or even gasp constructive criticism
I can hardly contain my tears.
You guys just don’t get it!
He’s gone now! It’s too late! No one can predict the consequences!!!
Just would like to point out it’s not exlusive, you can play with both Unity and UDK y’know. :-p
Not at the exact same time of course, that would create a vortex of chaos that sucks in everything in your room! You don’t want that!
dogzerx2… Stop, think about it. If you love him, you’ll let him go.
lol I use unity at my day job. Love it. Take care.