Impossible to build (standard windows built)

Hello,

I’ve tried to build a project (basic PC Windows build) for the first time today and got a bunch of errors (see below)

I am using Unity 2019.2.0

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 7 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I’ve tried (after searching on the net)

1 - Deleting the .sln file

2 - Changing API compatibility to .NET 4.x

3 - Building outside of Asset/Project Folder (I have created a Build folder on my desktop for instance)

I am sorry the errors are far from self explanatory to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all of you !

What are the 7 errors that the message refers to? They should be listed too. Does this happen a new/empty project for comparison?

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your fast reply. I’ve found the culprit - a script with an assembly issue. To be honest I was not aware that a malfunctioning script that does not block playmode in Editor can prevent a Build.

Hope this might help other facing Build issue - check scripts !

Kind Regards