Problem: VS Code opens .unity files

Hallo,
I just installed Unity 2019.2.2f1 and Visual Studio Code 1.37.1 on OSX 10.14.6, and while scripting is working file, I have a strange bug where VSC also opens my unity scenes.
Double-click on a scene file doesnt open it in unity, but instead it opens it in VSC.

I was reading online that some other people have the same issue, but couldnt find a solution yet.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Some people seem to have a workaround where you set in unitys external editor setting “Open by file extension” instead of VSC, and while that solves the opening unity scenes problem, I am loosing intelisense and autocompletion in VSC.

I hope somebody can help me with out with this…

Thanks!

Edit:
I just realised that 2019 is beta… didnt know the Hub is giving you options to install Beta versions. Gonna try 2018 and see if that fixed the problem.

Edit: Another mistake… 2019.2.2 seem to be stable, 2019.3 seem to be beta.

I definitely have this problem. I’m using 2019.2.2f1 . Checked file extension associations with RCDefaultApps in MacOS and *.unity is definitely still associated with the Unity Editor. It just seems that Unity has ceded control of what happens when you double click on it.

We’re experiencing this too. Mac 2019.1.14f1 works fine, 2019.2.2f1 opens .unity files in VSCode. Scene management /workflow is fully broken for us.

From V 2019.2.2f now opens .unity with visual studio. how can i fix this? you can update the VSCode package to v1.1.0 to get things working again.

Unity 2019.2.3f1 was just released and has fixed this problem.