Shouldn't Unity step up?

That (especially the GUI) was done on Unreal Engine 3, now what about Unity?

Yes, Unity’s GUI sucks. We all know that, and are all anxiously awaiting the release Especially since it was promised in 3 something. Next topic please.

http://isthenewguioutyet.com/

Maybe read some old post on the matter, there is a search function.

EDIT : I’m assuming you signature is about unity to? If so stop being a troll or a die-hard unreal engine fan trying to make unity look bad

That GUI sounds really bad!

Why do you even bother?
People like him never get anything done because they are too busy with comparing software (UDK vs. Unity, Blender vs. Max, etc.) instead actually doing something productive.

Touche

How do you know that the GUI was created in Unreal Engine 3? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it was made with Scaleform, which happens to support unity as well.

I bet it’s Scaleform!

I’m not that eager about the UI. This is on the way. I’m a bit more interested in future improvements in lighting, which Autodesk Beast was already a good step.

Regardless of what it is, it’s another case of good art vs. bad art, and another post by someone who mistakenly thinks that having a “more powerful” engine will magically allow them to create awesome looking games.

If he put “Shouldn’t Unity step up?” in the title, I guess he is genuinely interested in Unity. I see a trend over here that most critics on Unity graphics or anything are answered with attacking someone artistic or technical skills. This is not the way to expect Unity to improve (and all engines must improve).

The OP posted a video of a random video game and this one, poorly formed sentence “That (especially the GUI) was done on Unreal Engine 3, now what about Unity?”, and you honestly think that’s a post that’s worth support and serious discussion?

Where’s the “Like” button?

I don’t think it’s wrong to ask for a specific improvement… but showing a finished game video and asking that Unity does the same doesn’t make much sense. Fact is you can make that exact GUI in Unity, so what’s the problem?

I’m sure you could pull that off in Unity.

You can do that in unity with absolutely no trouble at all, even without scaleform (and im willing to bet that is scaleform) this is a ridiculous thread

Across-the board integrated networking would tickle me. Networking commands that work with game center, bluetooth, pc, mac, phones and console all built in so I can use same commands for all platforms.

In fact reducing cross platform specific code (keeping it to unity commands where possible) would be my priority feature.

Dammit, this post is like a magnet, I had to post… but now back to writing a damn 6 minute speech :frowning:

It IS Scaleform. I’m unsure if UDK even has anything outside of it, and I worked with it for a year.