Smooth Movement

Hello,

what is happening in the scene is couple of objects are coming from under the screen and when they reach the middle, they start to fall.

It works perfectly smooth on my computer, but when I put it inside my iphone it loses its smoothness. At first I suspected about the frame rate, but even if I change it into 60 its still not as smooth as on my computer.

By the way I have another question about changing the framerate in xcode. Is it OK to change it into 60 because in default its 30 and I’m not sure if its fine for old generation iphones.

here is the code I’m using for my characters coming(jumping) from under the screen.

var Accel : float = 19;
private var Cont = false;

function FixedUpdate () 
{

transform.position.y+=Accel*Time.deltaTime;
		
		if(transform.position.y < 370  Cont==false)
		{
			Accel += 10* Time.deltaTime;
		}
		if(transform.position.y > 380 )
		{
			Cont=true;
			Accel -= 15* Time.deltaTime;
		}
}

Well, typically you should modify transform.position values in the Update loop, not the FixedUpdate loop, which should be reserved for Physics only operations. That said, there are many other factors that could contribute to the choppiness as you migrate the app from your dev machine to the phone hardware. Try running in Update first and see if that helps.