Unity Plugin (452141)

Hello-

I had a question about deleting a plugin DLL. If I open the Unity editor and run a demo that uses a plugin dll, I can no longer delete that dll even after I have stopped the game. Unity seems to lock the dll. This means that I can’t rewrite the dll unless I close and reopen the editor. Did anyone else experience this/have a fix?

Thanks,
Ankur

This is a known issue with Unity, from what I understand from posts I read awhile back. I would also love it if they’d fix it so it would unload the DLL on game-stop.

The problem is that the play mode runs in the same domain and environment as the editor.
In consequence if you enter the play mode, the plugin is loaded into the environment … and never gets unloaded again until the environment itself is unloaded which means you quit the Unity Editor …

Would love and fully support any move to finally get dynamic libraries unloaded at the end of play mode along OnApplicationQuit acting correctly in play mode too, waiting for it to end or run it in an own process and environment instead of hooking and poisoning the editor