Unity UI : no resize

After looking around and trying a lot of things, i can’t achieve the following : I’d like to have a menu that never rescale. Like if an Android user put his phone right next to a computer screen, all of the buttons will have the same size.
As I understand it, setting the render mode to world space and disabling stretching should do the job… Well, it doesn’t !
Anything that I could have miss ?

Set the canvas render mode to overlay and have the canvas scaler set to constant pixel size.

–Eric

1 Like

Thank you for your answer Eric.
This is the first thing I tried after reading the ui’s documentation but when launched on an Android smartphone, the ui was so small I could’nt push the right button.
It does look right in the editor though…

I just double checked and the UI is resized when using a canvas with Screen Space - Overlay and Constant Pixel Size on an Android phone.

The Canvas Scaler mode should be Constant Physical Size, not Constant Pixels Size in order to do what you describe. This relies on each screen reporting a correct DPI value to Unity. See: Redirecting to latest version of com.unity.ugui

2 Likes

That’s the solution, thank you !