Weird ass Boo error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.GetDispatcher (System.Object target, System.String cacheKeyName, System.Type cacheKeyTypes, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)
Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.GetDispatcher (System.Object target, System.Object args, System.String cacheKeyName, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)
Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String name, System.Object args)
UnityScript.Lang.UnityRuntimeServices.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String name, System.Object args, System.Type scriptBaseType)
AISimple.Update () (at Assets/Tutorial 5/Tutorial 5/AISimple.js:11)

what does this all mean ? I don’t speak gobboldy gook ? Heres the script if it helps

var Distance;
var Target : GameObject;
var lookAtDistance = 1000;
var moveSpeed = 2;
var step = moveSpeed * Time.deltaTime;

function Update ()
{

transform.Translate.Vector3.MoveTowards(transform.position , Target.position , step );

}

Well you better start learning to read errors like this, as that is key to being able to debug your own code. You have a NullReferenceException, which means one of your variables is null when it shouldn’t be. Are you sure Target is being set in the inspector?

That’s because the code you’ve written is JavaScript, not Boo…

As it looks like you’re copying this from a tutorial, I think what you meant to do was Create → Javascript :slight_smile:
If you actually meant Create → Boo then I suggest you write your code in Boo.