I’m using this preview release:
Maybe I missed it, but I can’t find the API documentation for all the new classes. I would like to add tiles by C# code, detect which type of tile was clicked etc.
I’m using this preview release:
Maybe I missed it, but I can’t find the API documentation for all the new classes. I would like to add tiles by C# code, detect which type of tile was clicked etc.
Hi,
You’ll find the class reference in the documentation that was installed locally with the preview. Additionally, there’s more info in the Preview1 reference doc.
Note some changes in Preview 2
Tile Map
Tile Map APIs have been changed, please do update your existing scripts.
Tile Map APIs have been moved to its own namespace UnityEngine.TileMap.
VirtualTiles have been renamed to EditorPreviewTiles.
BaseTile has been renamed to TileBase.
TileFlags have been renamed.
OverrideColor → LockColor
OverrideTransform → LockTransform
OverrideSpawnGameObjectRuntimeOnly → InstantiateGameObjectRuntimeOnly
OverrideAll → LockAll
TileData
TileData.gameobject → TileData.gameObject
TileAnimationData
TileAnimationData.animationTimeOffset → TileAnimationData.animationStartTime
PolygonCollider2D no longer generates a collider shape for the TileMap. Please use the new TileMapCollider2D instead.
Thanks, I didn’t know there was Help->Scripting Reference, because in released version I always used Unity - Scripting API: