Hi,
I’m struggling to get some data to decide wether we should build to ASM.JS or WebAssembly.
Same for Gzip vs Brotli.
Does anyone have numbers regarding this ?
Any other ideas to reduce load time ?
Thanks
Hi,
I’m struggling to get some data to decide wether we should build to ASM.JS or WebAssembly.
Same for Gzip vs Brotli.
Does anyone have numbers regarding this ?
Any other ideas to reduce load time ?
Thanks
Did you find the WebGL deploy documentation already?
You should target WebAssembly, which is better for many reasons.
The only current problem is that Chrome is currently not super efficient with WebAssembly, but it improves a lot with each version (the next version is probably the turning point for that).
Brotli is about 25% smaller in size than GZIP, and decompresses faster. Use that. But you have to configure your web server to serve them with the correct headers !
Hi @Peter77 , I did find the documentation yes. @fklinger-mitm, thank you also. My readings let me believe WebAssembly and Brotli are better, at least on paper.
I wanted to know if anyone actually benchmarked asm.js vs webasm with 2018.1 and latest Chrome versions.