Cannot download Assets (631891)

Gentlemen,

Once again I am facing serious problems on downloading Unity assets. Now I am trying to download Survival Shooter game assets (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40756), but download doesn’t gets over 7% out of 81.4mb, after more than 20 minutes.. and more minutes later, it gives me an error message.
My internet connection is good, another ordinary download of similar size takes just a couple of minutes.
You can take a look on User reviews, in particular a review titled “Keep saying error on download”, where 65 of 84 users found it helpful, witch means I am not alone with this issue. This is really disgusting for Unity beginners, as I am.

Best regards,
Fabio.

same here… I can’t download the game assets from unity Asset Store, I’m already tried Unity version 4.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1, and the latest one 5.3.5. Same thing always happen… stuck from the beginning, around 1% to 7%.

can anyone help me please?

I get the same and I have very fast internet. I reckon it is basically an issue with AWS and my location as had similar issues on another site with time outs and that used AWS. If I switch to a VPN issues go away. Contacted Unity support and they were totally useless and in fact said tough too few people have this issue we aren’t going to do anything. Even asked for them to contact Amazon to help get it resolved or give me a contact so I could but they just ignored that. There doesn’t seem to be a simple way to get support from Amazon as a user not a provider.

Store desperately need download resuming! They can spend all that time and money releasing the travesty of the thank god removed new forum that wasn’t needed yet can’t implement a simple vital feature that is losing them money.

In my experience this sort of thing happens when windows is set up to use a proxie server. Unity seems to pick the proxy defaults from windows, even though your web browser may be set to ignore them.

No proxy server in my case and should have added everything worked fine until a few months back when Unity did a spate of Asset Store updates and ever since can’t download anything over about 50Mb without masses of retries until I get lucky. Unity refuses to acknowledge or fix the problem. I get the same issue on 4 PCs and a Mac on any version of Unity. Switching my location via VPN to be just down the road from Unity ‘fixes’ the issue so there is definitely some configuration issue on Unity/Amazon but again Unity refuse to acknowledge this.

Same here 5 years later. That s*cks.

I’ve had to restart downloading an asset for several days now. It stops anywhere from 5% to 75%. If we could resume this wouldn’t be such a problem. As is, I’ve paid for an asset that I cannot use.