Just upgraded to Unity 5.2 and I can no longer select objects in scene with mouse click.
Can swipe over objects in scene and select them or choose them for hierarchy.
Any fix for this issue?
Just upgraded to Unity 5.2 and I can no longer select objects in scene with mouse click.
Can swipe over objects in scene and select them or choose them for hierarchy.
Any fix for this issue?
Works for me. You should try to reproduce it in a simple project and send a bug report.
I had the exact same issue. Closing the scene view tab and opening a new one fixed it for me.
Hi, if you can find a way to recreate it then do please report it to us ![]()
Had the same issue. Installed 5.2 and couldn’t click to select. Tried restarting unity; restarting computer. Closing scene view tab and adding a new one solved issue ![]()
Same thing here (restarted Unity/computer/etc. eventually fixed by closing the scene view and reopening).
This bug doesn’t seem to be related to the project, but rather the settings of the editor. Because other upgraded projects don’t have this issue, only the first one. So my guess is that something in the imported window configuration is borked after upgrading to 5.2.
Update: I can reproduce this simply by going to Window->Layouts…Revert Factory Settings…
The default factory settings are borked.
This issue may be related to the one I experienced:
thanks SarfaraazAlladin!
I closed the scene window and opened a new one. Problem solved. Whew!
We had the same issue here, thanks for the solution (close and open scene tab). We had Jay and Carl from Unity a few hours ago in the office, we will let them know that this fix the issue, but surely is a bug =)
Is this all happening on DX11 when linear color space is used, and MSAA is on? (in known issues: “Editor: Scene view picking in linear color space does not work for DX11 when MSAA is used (quality: fantastic). Workaround: Use gamma color space, turn off MSAA or switch to DX9. This will be fixed in 5.2.0p1” https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.2)
headsup - I have this problem and have had it on the last few builds of Unity 5 on mac. There’s nothing I can do to make it work. Makes my life hell. ![]()
Putting this here because if someone is looking for this answer the thread will probably catch their eye…
I’m using Synergy to share keyboard and mouse between iMac and MBP – with shared mouse I can select objects in the scene, but I can’t use any of the widgets to tweak it – can’t rotate, can’t move horizontal or vertical with the little pointy grabber things, etc. I have to use the trackpad on the MBP for those things.
Just in case someone is looking to solve the “can’t move objects with mouse” problem and happen to be using Synergy. ![]()
Jay
Started having this issue in 5.3.2p2. I am not using msaa, however Dx11 and linear colour space are enabled.
Is this a separate bug?
Sounds like it. Details?
yea i have the same problem , when i create new scene i can select objects but i can’t select from my old scene that have game world , and yea is happen on 5.2.3.p2
Had this in one project on 5.3.2p3 on OSX - closing the scene view tab and opening a new one seems to have fixed it.
I’m getting the same issue on my home computer on 5.3.2p3 in a more specific case: happens when I render to a texture from within OnWillRenderObject and the object is visible from the scene camera. With this one closing scene view and opening a new one does not resolve it, but not calling camera.Render does.
Created the specific issue case on fogbugz now ( 772044 ), hope it will help resolve the other cases as well ![]()
I think that regard the old shaders. The selection of objects works properly after removing water / FX
Happening to me as well… Closing and reopening worked for a short while.
10 minutes ago, clicking would select an irrelevant object in the scene, now it just stopped doing anything.
Unity at its best…