Controlling game view in editor

Hi, im a long time developer but brand new to unity. Get myself used to the environment really quickly however there is one really basic thing I am struggling to find out. When using either a FirstPersonTilt or TapControlSetup or anything really, how do you move when the game is playing in the editor.

I have tried clicking within the touchpad areas and pressing every keyboard key imaginable. Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

you do so through the unity remote.

keyboard / mouse input is not available in unity iphone

Ahh, okay.

In order to use unity remote you have to be able to install apps to the iPhone/iPod touch meaning no matter how you want to test it, you have to be a registered developer. Am I correct?

Correct, but you had to agree that you were a registered developer when you downloaded Unity iPhone in the first place.

–Eric

Actually no

UT has brought the Unity Remote to the app store last year and you can just get it from there.

But you will only be able to see input that way so do basic testing.
You can not develop any iphone games realistically without being able to test on the device which requires a developer contract

Cool, either I forgot or never knew about that. Now I don’t have to rebuild it when profiles expire…

–Eric

Haha, yeah. I was thinking about this because I just got the first warning popup about the expiring profile. :wink:

Brilliant. Thanks for your replies. I am a registered developer however, I am not a paid developer which is what the checkbox upon download could be referring to.