Detonator Package Help

Well I imported the detonator package into my project but for some reason none of the explosions work outside of the test scene they provide with it.

No idea what’s wrong. Heres the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DetonatorFireball.UpdateFireShadow () (at Assets/Detonator/System/DetonatorFireball.cs:1)
DetonatorFireball.Explode () (at Assets/Detonator/System/DetonatorFireball.cs:1)
Detonator.Explode () (at Assets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs:322)
Detonator.Start () (at Assets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs:267)

Dont get why its telling me I haven’t set an instance of an object because I shouldn’t have to. Everything is already set up when I download the package. Help ?

In cases like this it is best to include the line(s) of code that caused the error. You don’t need to include the whole script. Reply to the thread, click “go advanced” button, put in your code, select it, and click the pound sign “#”. That will format it to look like code so we can read it.

Null reference means that the variable hasn’t been assigned. Something isn’t wired together properly in there somewhere. Hopefully easy like dragging a prefab into a slot, but we can’t tell without some code. The package maybe is “supposed” to be perfect and ready to go, but we’re only human, and sometimes things aren’t quite perfect.

The problem is though that its telling me the error is in the very first line of the code and there isn’t anything wrong with it. Plus the first line only says the program being used the same as every other script.