How do I bake models into my scene?

I have models that I set to static.
don’t I need to bake these some how? Not sure where that option is to do that.
Can someone guide me in a a general direction please.
I have a large scene done and trying make it more efficient.

Thanks

That’s all you have to do, actually. Static objects will be combined into fewer objects so that can render many static objects in one draw call. Just make sure “static batching” is enabled in your Player Settings.

If you also want those object to be baked into a lightmap (if they are lightmap static objects), then you will need to enable lightmaps per-scene and bake the lightmap per-scene using the Window->Lighting->Settings menu in Unity.

Oh so static batching only works during a build?

This page should be able to answer all your questions:

It looks like static batching happens when you mark the objects static… so it can happen both during editing time or at runtime.

Another thing they mention that you might be interested in knowing is that static batching uses a lot of memory to increase graphics performance, and they say static batching a group of object that is too large (such as a forest full of trees) could eat up a ton of memory.