Question: How does one copy and paste keyframes in the Animation Editor?
It seems as if this would be pretty straightforward but alas, I'm at a loss.
Still churning through the Animation Tool Reference
but having a tough time finding the instructions for copy/paste of keyframes...
It’s been added to Unity some time after this question was asked, yet may still be tricky to figure out.
Short explanation: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V in “Dope Sheet” mode
Select Object with Animation
Open Animation Window
Click “Dope Sheet” (bottom left)
I could not get it to work in “Curves” mode
Click time-line on column with key frames to get red line on column
Press Ctrl + C
Click time-line where you want to paste
Press Ctrl + V
Copy and paste is not supported in the Animation View at this point.
There is a feature request for this feature here, which you can vote up if you want.
I found one workaround for copying keyframes in the Animation editor (using Unity 4.3)
- Locate the keyframe you want to copy and make sure all the transformations are keyframed (there are no holes in the column of diamonds).
- Drag the keyframe to the end of the animation
- Highlight all the transformations in the “Add Curve” window.
- Select anywhere on the timeline after the keyframe you moved and hit the “add keyframe” button.
- The keyframe is now duplicated and you can drag it back to it’s original position.