Import from Blender (547391)

Hi
I save a simple *.blend in Assets and I see it in Unity. However I cannot drag it into any project section.
What went wrong? I’ve tried also to import and it’s the very same.
Thanks

is the blend file looking like this in the inspector?

if not and it is a white file icon. than you used a blender version with a file format unity can not read. try v2.70

1740082--109930--import file icon.JPG

TRuoss is right, if not in that cases, you should check the version of blender .You need to have Blender version 2.60 or later (in some earlier versions of Blender the FBX export was broken).

Ah I need to save .blend to .fbx thanks.

No, you can directly have the .blend file in Unity and Unity will internally generate the fbx for you. Though, there is an issue with the most recent Blender version. In general you can have the .blend directly in Unity and it does the work for you.
If you wish to export manually, you are open to create the fbx files on your own.

still I cannot see it in unity. I’ve set it as child of a box but nowhere around. What to try? Thanks

Do you have any error messages in the console? Show a screenshot, it will make it easier to understand what is going on.

This will help is solve your problem much quicker, Unity will accept both .blend and .fbx files.

Just drag the file to your projects folder, it will look like this: Screenshot - 3d364bed779493f898907f479d4e88b8 - Gyazo

if you can drag it from your Project tab to the Hierarchy, than select it in the Hierarchy and press F and look into the Scene tab. if it is there than fine.

Also have a look in the Inspector tab and there in the Transfrom Component. often after dragging into the Hierarchy Tab it does not place it on zero position.

and if you use blender and you hate those .blend1 files you can change this there:

1 Like

Why doesn’t unity play my animation?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1o63nl&s=8#.VAbPnta37Nw
What am I missing? In Unity pasted .blend to assets, I see animation but
doesn’t play.

To play an animation you have to tell Unity under what condition you want it to play and set up an animation controller if using Mecanim. Check out these awesome docs for exporting animation clips, setting up animation states and the learning resources:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MecanimAnimationSystem.html

Have fun!