Okay guys I’m new to Unity and I wanted ti know if it’s possible to make 3D models (Characters, level parts, like platforms, springs etc) y’know so I won’t need any expensive tools, but can the free Unity do this if Unity can even make 3D models?
No, unity is not a 3d modeling program.
Use Blender, it is free and good to start with a lot of tutorials on the net.
The only models that Unity3d can make natively are primitives (cube, sphere, etc.), ground terrain, and trees. You’ll need a 3D program. I also use Blender, and after a frustrating learning curve, have been enjoying it, but there are other cheap or free alternatives.
(Incidentally, Unity 3D’s tree modeler is pretty awesome.)
It isn’t a stupid question, but the thread title isn’t very clever. More people will look (and therefore maybe answer you question) if you mention what you want to know in the title, such as “Can you create 3D models in Unity?”.
As has been said, no you cannot, you have to use a 3D modelling package such as Blender. I use Wings 3D, which is less capable, but is very quick to learn.