i try to add bender/warper in local./canvas space feature to uGUI. I downloaded uGUI from BitBucket (version 4.6.3f1), then loaded .sln in Xamarin, ensured that MSBuild is enabled, added some code to GraphicRaycaster and added new VertexEffect and thats all, nothing more was done, Then I compiled .dll, copied from Output folder and paste in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\UnityExtensions\Unity\GUISystem
Editor compiled this but when i looked at button component then editor start complain about AnimatorController.SetAnimatorController not found and inspector GUI for button went away… i had to comment this out, then inspector returned but generating animations was disabled of course…
Then i start playmode but Editor start complain ‘MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘UnityEngine.Input.get_mouseScrollDelta’’. and mouse action completely stop…
Hmm, looks like something major has changed in the UI source for U5. Tried testing in 5.01 and 5.1.
Whether you replace the installed DLL’s in the GUISystem folder or put them in a plugin’s folder (which is an alternate method). Both result is a huge pile of errors and actually interfere with the creation of UI objects.
@phil-Unity@Aras@Adam-Buckner_1 do you have a view on this? Seems the 4.6 source is now incompatible with U5 (which makes sense now with other discussions)
Any plans for the U5 branch of UI being made publicly available?
I don’t have any official (or unofficial) information, nor can I make an official statement (subject to contract and your mileage may vary) - but I assume that if the only source that is available is 4.6, and it’s not compatible with 5.x (and that’s not too unexpected tbh), then I would assume that a 5.x version will be made available as soon as possible. I’ll see if I can find some concrete details and perhaps @Aras , @phil-Unity , @runevision or @Tim-C will be able to weigh in with some detail.
This is still an issue in engine version 5.2. Looking at the IL in the DLLs, the only difference is that the engine’s version of Input.mouseScrollDelta gets a Vector2, and the GUI’s gets a Vector3.
Is it possible to clone an older version of the UnityGUI project? I currently have to do a VERY nasty thing to fix a bug with GraphicRaycaster, but it would be super clean if I could just edit the GUI library and import it into the UnityExtentions without consequently breaking everything the way it does now.