Problem with local animation and root motion

Hello, people. I have a cube, for which I made a simple animation that just raises this cube 3 units up Y (gif below).

Next, I wrote a simple script that I can use to spawn objects at the mouse click location (gif demonstration below).

if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
{
       RaycastHit hit;
       Ray ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.mousePosition);
       if (Physics.Raycast(ray, out hit))
       {
            Instantiate(prefab, hit.point, prefab.transform.rotation);
       }
}

The general concept is that I want to play the animation I showed above (raising the cube up 3 units), after spawning the cube using the above script.
But right after spawning the cube, the animation starts playing in 0 coordinates (where it was recorded). Gif below.

One solution to this problem is to put this cube in an empty object and make a generic prefab. But I wondered if this result could be achieved without using an empty object. I went googling and after a while I found a questionable solution - enable “root motion” in Animator.
I immediately went to test it. I enabled “root motion” in the Animator of the cube.

4_RootMotionOnNoRotated

And that miraculously solved the problem (gif below).

I went further and decided to see if this would work for rotated objects. I created a new cube prefab and rotated it 45 degrees in X and Y.
6_RotatedCube

Next, I created the exact same animation for this cube and enabled “root motion”. And after testing this I got confused (gif below).
7_RotatedCubeRootMotionOn

The animation doesn’t work correctly, the cube starts going up diagonally instead of just up. Why is this happening?

Below, I just created an empty object and put a rotated cube in it with an animation for which I disabled “root motion”. Next I made a single prefab out of it. And tested it (gif below).
9_ParentExample

With the empty object it works. Is it possible to achieve the same result without using an empty object? And why when I turned on “root motion” for a non-rotated object, it fixed the problem with returning the object to the initial coordinates, but for rotated objects “root motion” behaved strangely?