Pushing Navmesh agents

I wanted to create simple AI crowd behavior where a group pf navmesh agents travel towards the player, and then stop at a certain distance. Then, the player is able to “push” them out of the way by running into them, and the enemies will continue to follow you afterwards. Kind of like how you can push objects that have a rigidbody.

I was able to set up the navmesh easily, that wasn’t the hard part. But the problem I’m running into is that you cannot push the crowd out of the player’s way. I tried putting a rigidbody on the agents, and that did kind of work, but it created a lot of issues, biggest being that the physics overrode the navmesh agent, meaning they would just continuously drift in the direction they were pushed.

I’m just looking to create some simple crowd behavior that the player can push through.

Hi there, I think this video may help you? Knockback NavMeshAgents using Physics | AI Series 51 | Unity Tutorial

Looks like he disables the agent temporarily to allow the push before resuming navmeshagent behaviour