Removing projects from Unity Cloud Build

Glad I found this thread. Good to hear it’s being worked on.

Hi same here i want to delete/remove projects from unity ads but delete button is not showing can you tell me what to do or how to do???

Thanks

You can always disable (delete) the project using the cloud api, which you can call from the terminal using the curl command.

Check out https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/docs/1.0.0/index.html for “Disable Project” section.

The command to do this:
curl -X DELETE -H “Authorization: Basic [YOUR API KEY]” https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v1/orgs/{orgid}/projects/{projectid}

2 Likes

I actually quit using Unity services because of this. Not only can you not delete an old project, but that old project that doesn’t exist still uses CCU’s. I have no users online since they are all kicked due to exceeded ccu, but am using 100 CCU’s on projects that no longer exist. Most useless “service” ever… just stick with the reputable third party providers like Photon if you have published games, otherwise you will lose all your customers due to Unity’s failure. Now I need to waste more time republishing the old Photon version.

Super useful, thank you.

I can not recommend to remove the projects via API. If you do so please be aware that you are deleting all connected data of services using the project. You will delete all your analytics data when the same project is used for cloud build as well and you decide to remove it.

This is also the main reason why we deactivate it, we work on a proper solution which will be available soon.

@Goofy420 the old projects should not use CCU’s. There where issues in the past which should be resolved already since quite a while. Please send me the details of the projects/orgs which are affected and we will look into it.

If you have issues with Unity Services please use the provided support ticket systems, create a forum thread or contact support@unity3d.com and we are able to help you.

I understand the implications, but that was exactly what we wanted. We created a project within Unity Cloud Build that we decided we didn’t need, and we wanted it completely removed from the system. It makes sense that there’s a difference between “nuke it from orbit” and “don’t use this service”, and we were definitely fine with the “nuke it from orbit” option.

3 Likes

That’s actually not correct - I used the API and removed an old project last week. See the post above yours for a good explanation of how to do so.

Looking forward to it. I have a ton of experimental projects that need cleaning out. Might try the nuke from space method eventually. But for now I can wait.

1 Like

Where can I find my API key? The docs give me instructions that cannot be followed:

There is no “Cloud Build Settings” when clicking on my name. In fact, there is no “my name” to click on that I can find, but I tried under the assumption that it meant my initial/avatar in the top right corner of the screen.

@Deozaan : ya sorry, that moved but the docs weren’t updated. Try this page: Unity ID

1 Like

Thanks @dannyd !

I want to reamove this project that i craeted just for test
https://id.unity.com/organizations/testando-fps

@Intercorp - you can remove projects from the Unity developer site (View → Settings → Archive): Unity ID

1 Like

Thank you!
But, as I can see, this project is visible under the pane “Archived projects”

Can you tell me how to remove them from “Archived”, i.e. how to completely remove?

As far as I know there isn’t currently a way to completely remove across all services, just archive.

what was the solution? could u plz explain steps?

Hello @ufigames ,

Could you elaborate on the issue you’re experiencing?

  • Sophia

Experiencing this issue. There is no ‘delete’ button anywhere to be found on projects.

Im having trouble deleting my past builds and Im the maker as its only me doing it. please help me find the delete for them. i can view but not delete from cloud

1 Like