Removing projects from Unity Cloud Build

Hi,

I can’t seem to find a way to remove a project from Unity Cloud Build.

I also have a project listed under “Unity projects not currently setup for Unity Cloud Build”. Where is this coming from? It’s the same name as a project I have set up on Unity Cloud Build, only with spaces between the words of the app name. How do I remove it?

Thanks

Mat

2 Likes

Mat,

Projects are shared across Unity services (Ads, Analytics, and Cloud Build), which is likely explaining the overlap.

If you are the owner of a project setup to use Cloud Build, you can delete it at the bottom of the settings page (Homepage → Project History → Settings). Click the “Delete this Project” button. But be warned, deleting a project removes it from ALL services: including Cloud Build, Unity Ads, and Unity Analytics.

If you are a collaborator on a project, you can remove yourself on the Collaborators page (Homepage → Project History → Settings). You may also have access to a project because your account is a member of an “organization” (org). You can see a list of all orgs you belong to here: Account | Unity Cloud

Projects that appear at the bottom of the Cloud Build homepage under “Unity projects not currently setup for Unity Cloud Build” are projects that have been created using different Unity services (like Ads or Analytics), but haven’t yet been configured to use Cloud Build.

Let us know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Patrick

5 Likes

Thank Patrickc,

That all makes a lot of sense, except that the “Delete this project” button has eluded me - I can’t find it anywhere following your instructions? Even a search of the page content (cmd + f) doesn’t show any results for a button with those words.

Thanks

Mat

1 Like

Mat,

I believe you have to be the owner of the project to delete it. You should be able to tell who’s the owner on the “Collaborators” page for the project. If it’s not you, ask the person that created the project to delete it. Alternatively, if they’re using the project for other services, you may just wan to remove yourself as a collaborator.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

I am not part of any groups, so the owner should be me?

Thanks

Mat

Can you direct message me a link to the project that you really-truly-absolutely know you want to delete?

Thanks,
Patrick

Ok, so the delete button IS now showing up but I swear to you it wasn’t previously there. I can only assume someone at Unity has fixed some CSS for Safari or something.

Thanks for your help

Mat

Mat,

That’s a possibility. We’re deploying small fixes and updates all the time. Thanks for your patience, and keep the feedback coming!

Cheers,
Patrick

Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I’m having trouble deleting my unused project as well.

I created some projects many months ago to see if I could get my project to build. I don’t use those anymore and they’re just cluttering up my Cloud build dashboard page. I couldn’t find an option to delete them (though I did see it once before for the project I’m currently actually using).

I tried Chrome and Safari - not seeing a delete button.

1 Like

It had been missing for me as well, but seems to be back now.

Haha, I almost didn’t believe you for a minute, but I went back to my projects and saw a delete button on one of them. Managed to delete it.

However, the other junk project doesn’t have a delete button. shakes head.

One is better than nothing I guess.

Hi Patrick,

I am owner in project, and I made cloud build. but I didn’t show “Delete this project”. Help me please.

IMPORTANT
Deleting projects is disabled in Unity Services (Cloud Build, Analytics, Ads, Game Performance Reporting, Multiplayer) for the moment.

The reason is that a project deleted in any of the service removes the project in all Services. This was a big issue for many users as they accidentally deleted projects of services which were not supposed to. That lead us to temporary disabled the delete function until we have implemented a better approach. :slight_smile:

When do you think or plan we can use the delete function? Or can you delete the project for us?

No sorry, that’s not possible for me. I don’t know an ETA but there will be a better temporary solution available. In the meantime I can recommend to rename the projects to something like zzz_disabled_angrybots so it does only show up at the end of the project lists.

Could you give us a form or a link to delete it ?
(Since no button exists, maybe we could emulate it :stuck_out_tongue: )

Perhaps some sort of overall services management page?

1 Like

I checked the wrong box for COPPA and now I’ve a project called “deleteme” under my organization for all eternity.

2 Likes

Please add this functionality soon. I have projects across multiple organizations I need to delete.

The ability to delete projects is in the works, the current lack of a delete option is understandably frustrating but for now David’s renaming suggestion is the short-term solution to manage your project list. I will be sure to update this thread when the ability to delete a project is again available.