Scratch-like visual script editor (for use at runtime)?

I’m thinking about making a Scratch-like visual script editor. The point would be to enable the creation of educational apps that teach kids programming, by letting them snap together code elements (statements, expressions, and flow control). If you’ve ever used/seen Scratch then you know what I’m talking about — something like that, only built on Unity, so the objects you’re controlling can be 3D (if desired) and it can run on any platform Unity supports.

Note that I’m specifically not talking about something you use within the Unity editor; there seem to be a decent number of those already (Brain Builder, Antares Universe, uScript). This would be something users of your app use, even if on an iPad or Android or whatever.

But before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone know of something like this out there already? My searching didn’t turn up anything, but perhaps my google-fu is weak.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

  • Joe
1 Like

“my google-fu is weak.” Don’t worry, grasshopper, in time your technique and skill will improve.

I am looking for a visual editor just like or very similar to scratch blocks, I don’t know much of any java/javascript, exept for the basic var VarName : int == 253; or if(/*code/){
/*more code/
}
stuff. But I’m REALLY good with scratch.

Hi @JoeStrout ,

This is too old already, but do you have any idea already on making Scratch-like in unity? or use Scratch-libraries in unity.

This is Blox2,

i would love this. unitys own visual scripting is pretty complex, but i already know scratch like the back of my hand and i really want to be able to use unity without spending dozens of hours learning bolt.