Scripting Program will not open

I downloaded unity yesterday and wanted to make a script I double clicked on it then “how do you want to open this file (.cs)” popped up
confused I searched the web and tried a lot of things to fix it but nothing worked I thought Visual Studios came downloaded already but I am not sure can anyone help?

8110556--1050425--Screenshot 2022-05-07 190604.png

This may help you with intellisense and possibly other Visual Studio integration problems:

Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing Assets → Open C# Project from Unity. Other times it requires more.

Other times it requires you also nuke the userprefs and .vsconfig and other crufty low-value high-hassle files that Visual Studio tends to slowly damage over time, then try the above trick.

Barring all that, move on to other ideas:

Also, try update the VSCode package inside of Unity: Window → Package Manager → Search for Visual Studio Code Editor → Press the Update button

Also, this: No suggestions in Vscode

@Kurt-Dekker It didn’t solve the issue unfortunately I will try looking for some other ways to fix this.
I’m thinking of just downloading the actual Visual Studio and then seeing what happens but I don’t know.

@Kurt-Dekker figured it out thanks so much for the help!

You’re welcome… it would be awesome of you explained to us chickens what you did. :slight_smile:

(You can edit your post above)