Swapping gameobjects over bluetooth

Hi all,

I am in the middle of my first foray into any kind of multiplayer games and I am a bit lost on where to start. I have a game where players collect items on a map and of course, stored in an inventory. I hadnt thought about it before but I’m now considering the options of players being able to swap/trade their items over bluetooth perhaps, or just when they are in range of each other.

Now my question is, would anyone kindly tell me where to start. I have looked across some of the software like Photon but do I even need a large scale multiplayer solution? In my simple mindedness its just ‘Is player in range… I want to swap game object A, they want to swap game object B… lets agree’ … job done.

Before you jump on me, of course I know thats not the case but hopefully you can kind of gauge what I mean by that. Any tutorials or web pages that might be good reading for me would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Use a networking library that supports bluetooth to send transaction messages. Only one I know is NetworkComms.Net