Tilemap Grid not showing?

I’ve setup my palette and set the Tilemap to Hexagon point up. The editor created the Grid object with a Tilemap child. I’ve searched the web thoroughly, read the documentation, and still can’t figure out why I have no grid showing in my scene. The tiles I place don’t snap, suggesting the grid simply doesn’t exist.

Anyone have any thoughts on the cause?

Found the Focus On dropdown allowed me to select the Tilemap and have tiles snap to the grid. Still can’t see the grid like I’ve seen in other people’s videos. Any help?

change from game view to scene view
(happened to me once)

2 Likes

So, no one knows?

I don’t think earlier versions of Unity required this but on 2022.2.0 I installed 2D Tilemap Editor to have the grids show up again.

2 Likes

This was my issue as well.

window > package manager > unity registry > 2D Tilemap Editor and I also installed 2D Tilemap Extras

For me I had Gizmos turned off. The grid is a gizmo.

Overlay Menu → View Options → Toggle Visibility of Gizmos and it is specifically the Grid under Built-in Components

1 Like