Trading card/boardgame Unity

Hi,

Im trying to do a trading card with some elements of boardgame on unity.
I need some “hints” to start right.

  1. to store card data I use an xml tht contains all card data + image name, I don’t want to use a texture atlas because I feel is not pratical.

  2. to manage card I use an array list.

  3. The cards:

  • should be made of UI elements using layout
  • should be made of gameobject
  • should be made of sprites
  1. the cards should be added dinamically when a user draw I.E. card 1 → when i draw it I attach the right sprite and populate the text on it. Or the whole deck should be preloaded and then drawed.

Actually im using a board of 10x10 made with cube (gameobject) and using cards with gameobject that can be placed on the board.

Could someone help me out???
thanks a lot
fellow programmer

What you are describing involves a lot of topics.

What kind of “hints” are you looking for?

hi, just some thoughts on what i wrote earlier. I know there are not just 1 way to do it. But just to know if using a sprite for cards, or loading all the deck card with “Instantiate” and then placing in a list will not find me clueless or stop me later.

Im adding the details here. So maybe someone can help me. I am trying to do a card game with some “board” element.

I have a gamemanager Object that spawns a board of 10*10 gameobject, and cards object that take his attributes from a xml.

when game starts I instantiate 5blank template (the deck) and at run time I assing a sprite and the text from xml. When i click on draw card, it instantiate a blank card and populate with attributes from xml and so on.

Im at this point. I am struiggling for hints on… what to do next. Im ok with OOP since i used mainly with java web.

What is the best way to organize cards on hands and to drop a card on my board of cube GameObject.

For now, I have the following issues:

I have added a script to camera that with a raycast 2D find every object with tag name Card and move around, I dunno if it’s the best way. There are better way to handle movement? For example OnMouseUp on card?

I dunno how to stick card object to my hand.

To place the card on the board I’ve come up with using 2 colliders both on each cube and on each card. When 2 collider collide, the card is stick to the center of the cube of the board. But I have also a problem on where to put the onCollision method, on cube? on card?

Furthermore since my card has 2d collider and my cube has box collider they seems not to interact.