Trouble Drawing Halo...

I just wrote a bug report to the Unity team about problems with the halo effect for lights in my Unity4.1 installation (windows 32).
I also write the topic here in order to give people a work around:
BUG:

  1. Start e new project, even with no assets to be faster
  2. add a point light
  3. check “Draw Halo”: nothing happen in both Scene and Game windows!
    WORKAROUND:
  4. Select Component/Effect/Halo: now you have the halo (as expected)
  5. If you want remove the component you just added
  6. Now the Halo check box (point 3) works. Try check and uncheck…
  7. also the other lights now have their halo check boxes working…
    Nothing similar happened in unity 3.5
    Hope this will help someone, I did spent more then an hour checking…
    I also found this:
    What happened with halo lights in Unity 4.1? - Questions & Answers - Unity Discussions

Thanks, I was having the same problem! Was able to reproduce your solution. Really saved me some sweat!!