Hey there!
I’m usually using unity analytics for my projects, but in my newest project, I chose to also integrate google firebase as I needed the push-notification functionality. Since I was already integrating firebase, I also chose to set up the same analytics events that I’m sending to unity.
For example:
UnityEngine.Analytics.Analytics.CustomEvent("PlayerDied");
Firebase.Analytics.FirebaseAnalytics.LogEvent("PlayerDied");
I’d expect the data that I’m seeing in both unity analytics and firebase analytics to match up or be at least really close. However, using the PlayerDied event as an example, this is what I’m getting:
Firebase (Event | Total Count | Individual Users)
Unity Analytics
(Event | Individual Users)
(Event | Total Count)
That’s a pretty big difference, and it’s much worse with some other events. I’m seeing everything between 0%->100% difference, which sucks.
Maybe someone has experienced this too and can tell me which stats I should trust? I’m mostly depending on unity analytics for the A/B testing, and it’d suck if these stats were unreliable (but hopefully firebase is in the wrong here ![]()
Regards,
Ben
