Unity crashing at startup

Hey everyone!

I’ve been using Unity for a couple weeks now learning everything I can from all the tutorials out there. Unity has been working fine on my computer up until a couple days ago when I tried to install an asset package.

I downloaded the Detonator.unitypackage file and I double clicked it to import it. I accidentally clicked exit on the install window before it finished, and now every time I load Unity, after it imports assets at the first splash screen, it pulls up an “Import Package” window very briefly and immediately crashes.

I have tried uninstalling Unity several times now. I have even gone so far as to uninstall Unity, remove any trace of “unity” from the registry, and restart my computer. I reinstall Unity and it still crashes trying to import the package.

Is there some manual way to get rid of this botched package installation so that I can install it again?

I’m running the free version of Unity 2.6.1 on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can launch Unity without opening the last project by holding down the alt key as you start it up. Assuming it is only that specific project that is corrupt, this should get you up and running.