Hi,
This is a typical issue I have faced in Firefox ( 3.0.8 ). However, this does not happen in case of IE6.
I have a web page where I am loading a flash content in a div and there is another div where I am loading the unity3d content. My unity3d div is smaller and placed on top of flash div (with a higher z-index).
Something like this:
<div id="div1" style="BORDER-RIGHT: blue 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: blue 1px solid; Z-INDEX: 0; BORDER-LEFT: blue 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; POSITION: absolute; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red; WIDTH:1000; HEIGHT:500;">
<embed src="FlashContent.swf" wmode="transparent"><embed>
</div>
<div id="div2" style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 32px; POSITION: absolute; BACKGROUND-COLOR: green; top: 116px;">
<object id="UnityObject" classid="clsid:444785F1-DE89-4295-863A-D46C3A781394" width="800" height="446" codebase="http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-2.x/UnityWebPlayer.cab#version=2,0,0,0">
<param name="src" value="UnityContent.unity3d" />
<embed id="UnityEmbed" wmode="transparent"
src="UnityContent.unity3d"
width="800" height="446"
type="application/vnd.unity"
pluginspage="http://www.unity3d.com/unity-web-player-2.x"
>
</embed>
</object>
</div>
Now, by click of a button in the flash window, I need to show a drop-down in flash - but, the unity3d div is always coming on top. So, the drop down is going behind the unity3d div and not visible.
So, the workaround is when the flash button is clicked - change the z-index of the unity3d div so that it goes behind flash div. But, it is not working.
I have tried the following:
- wmode=transparent in the embed tag it does not work.
- If I hide the hide/show div using div style display=none/block - the unity3d content gets reloaded (which is not what I want).
Moreover, just for curiosity: if you embed unity3d content in both the divs then it continuously toggles both the div to the front in a loop without click of any button.
It will be really great, if anyone can help me out in this.