Unity Free License Issue - can't create project

This is so fucking retarded! So I have a free unity license on my computer, somewhere. I deleted Unity Hub and reinstalled it but now I don’t have access to my Unity incense that is on my PC, somewhere, so I can’t create a new project. DRM is dumb.

Unity Hub shows my license was activated back in 2023 but for some reason my account is no longer connected to it anymore.

I went online to see if I could unseat myself and reassign myself a seat but nope, can’t do that anymore. So any ideas?

Unity Hub is a f*ing retarded mess.

Go in the Hub where you manage licenses, and revoke your current license. Then request a new one. You don’t own the license, you just connect one to your account ie it works like an access token.

Ive got the same since the new unity came out

ive logged out, tried adding new free license all it says is

well there aint much my end that can cause that as i run the network (and everything else works)

oh and unity CLI says

so, it seems like its a hub issue

That’s not possible there is no option in the license screen of the Unity Hub to revoke a license. There is also no way of doing that from logging onto my Unity account on the website either.

Let me guess… this is a result of letting the so called “AI” handle this, right? f***ing AI! It causes way more problems than it solves and always creates a mess people have to fix. The only thing so called ‘AI’ is good for is making silly videos and image creation. It is not good at doing something a trained and educated person is good at. Problem is now no one from the team who actually created the Unity engine and know what they’re doing is still around at Unity; they’ve all been fired because Unity is run like Ubisoft now.

one option could be to try that new cli, if it would do something differently to setup license?

also could check if that old .ulf file is here
C:\ProgramData\Unity
can rename it to test and close hub completely first.

tried that still says problems F U

:frowning: i do wonder if something only effecting personal users has happened and some of us are hit earlier than others

and tried few different hub versions or hub beta, if the older ones are available?

did unitycli allow creating or opening projects, or gives same error?

cli is fine, the licensing log moans for the hub that there is some form of disparity, but nothing else does, everythings fine, except hub it seems

I fixed my problem by uninstalling the Unity editor and reinstalling it through Unity hub. F**k the people who run Unity now.

Hey folks, can we get more information here. The Hub just updated to a new License Client and we are very invested in catching and fixing any issues. Is this with Unity Hub 3.21.1 (or higher)?

The logs for the Hub and Licensing would be greatly appreciated. Or, a bug report.

Thanks for the report!

The new Unity Hub version I installed a few days ago is 3.21.3

i submitted a bug report but, it was with the new beta hub that arrived on my machine the same time 6.7 beta hit, i have reverted to production hub and the problem has gone away

Well Unity went Kamikaze on me and is stopping me from moving forward with my project. I don’t know what is wrong or how to fix it. I compiled a test build and the test build started but then just quit. I then compiled the test build again but with script debugging, it should have generated a log file, but the same behavior occurred and no long file was generated. And now Unity won’t let me do another build. The build button is greyed out for me now in the Unity editor. When I run my project in the Unity editor it works as expected.

A previous version of this project went out to several testers and I was hoping to have several more updates done before I went early access on Steam. I think I’m just going to port my project over to another engine. Unity’s DRM with Unity Hub is killing me. Legitimate users always suffer with DRM nonsense.

Which version of unity are you on? Have you tried the unity cli to build?