Unity unstable on MacOS

Hello,

I have been using Unity on a brand new MacBook Pro for a few weeks and it has been very unstable. Unity would regularly log me out when opening/creating a new project or crash when moving the console window (this usually requires a hard reboot of my machine). I have also had problems with apps hanging at splash screen when running from XCode.

I am using OSX and Unity 3.1/3.2 (they both show the same symptoms)

I am thinking about reinstalling OSX but before doing that I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what is going on.

Thanks

It’s totally stable on my new-ish Mac Pro. Sounds like you might have a hardware problem with bad RAM.

–Eric

I’ve installed the latest update (10.6.6) of OS X and it seems to fix the issue with the console window crashing the whole system. I am not sure I can draw any conclusion from that. I’ll see how it behaves in the next few days.

I’m on a “stone age” mac (mbp spring 2008) and didn’t have any stability problems either so far with unity