I installed newest version of Unity3d on clean Linux Ubuntu 16. After fixing problems with postgresql and Unity not opening, I have problem with opening any project. After creating an empty,new project, Unity freezes and stops responding. Does anyone have any solution for this?
What graphic-drivers are you using?
If I understand it correctly, the graphic driver I am using is the intel one, i915 version 1.6.0 20151010.
I also just went and tried to upgrade any driver/library, but to no avail.
same here I installed 5.5.0b for inux Mint 17.3 Rosa and the editor just crashes after I open a project new or existing please help
Does your driver support opengl core profile 3.2? (Check glxinfo.)
Is there any information in your editor log? (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log)
I have a similar problem on a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio:
$ uname -a
Linux zulubox10 4.4.0-31-lowlatency #50-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 13 00:58:45 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial
$ glxinfo | grep -i core
Max core profile version: 0.0
The Editor.log has the following:
Importing game controller configs
Loading GUID ↔ Path mappings…0.000044 seconds
Loading Asset Database…0.001104 seconds
Audio: FMOD Profiler initialized on port 54900
AudioManager: Using PulseAudio: Default Output Device
AssetDatabase consistency checks…0.083563 seconds
Initialize engine version: 5.5.0xb5Linux (8a2907529da2)
Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.00 ms, found 0 plugins.
Assertion failed on expression: ‘context.IsValid()’
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GfxDevice/opengl/GLContext.cpp Line: 69)
Receiving unhandled NULL exception
#0 0x007fff46363b80 in funlockfile
#1 0x007fff46364030 in GfxDeviceGLES::~GfxDeviceGLES()
#2 0x007fff46364070 in CreateGLESGfxDevice(GfxDeviceRenderer)
#3 0x007fff463640a0 in InitializeGfxDevice(unsigned int)
#4 0x007fff46364120 in InitializeEngineGraphics(bool)
#5 0x007fff46364130 in Application::InitializeProject()
#6 0x007fff46364810 in InitializeUnity(void*)
#7 0x007fff46364950 in g_source_get_time
#8 0x007fff46364970 in g_main_context_dispatch
#9 0x007fff46364a00 in g_main_context_dispatch
#10 0x007fff46364a60 in g_main_loop_run
#11 0x007fff46364a90 in gtk_main
#12 0x007fff46364b10 in main
#13 0x007fff46364eb0 in __libc_start_main
#14 0x007fff46364f70 in _start
Launching bug reporter
Graphics info:
$ lshw -c video
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
*-display:0
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 07
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:28 memory:f6c00000-f6ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:ef98(size=8)
*-display:1 UNCLAIMED
description: Display controller
product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2.1
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
version: 07
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0
$ modinfo i915
filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-31-lowlatency/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko
ROFL, i think i have almost the same computer as the user above, im having issues here too, my terminal says “Aborted (Nucleus Image Written)” (I did translate because it shows on my main language)
Hi has anyone resolved this issue, I have the same exact error. Tak, you asked about OpenGL what number should I look for after the glxinfo command? I have an Ironflake mobile graphics card. openGl version 2.1 mesa 12.0.6 Thanks. And to save some time in the event that it does not support 3.2 are there any solutions you are aware of?
No, for Unity 5.5 and newer, you absolutely need OpenGL 3.2 core profile.
Thanks. When I run the unity test I get YES for all outputs. but from reading it seems that my GPU (ironlake) is not supported with 3.2 and OpenGL 2.1 is highest I can get.
Could I use an older version of Unity on ubuntu that will run stable?
Yes, you can use a Unity 5.4 or earlier build - you just won’t get the latest fixes and features from newer builds.
