Work in progress FPS game

Update!

  • Enemies now can’t see the player through smoke created by the smoke grenade.
  • AA12 animations have been added.

Holy Crap, this is Awesome man. How’d you do it all by yourself? Did you goto school to learn the scripting?
I can only do a few simple things. If you don’t mind can I ask more questions via PM?

http://dastardlybanana.com/FPSConstructorWeapons.htm try this out!

Update!

  • Re-made the main menu.
  • Added a new texture for the floor in “Uphill.”
  • Added a tutorial level.
  • Slightly increased the standard grenade’s blast radius.
  • Increased the G36C’s recoil.
  • Added a Long-Range scope (Currently is only on the M4).

I’m going to see if I can push out a Bi-pod attachment, sentry turret, and a possibly an RPG-7 by the next update.

Ah, thanks!

Another update!

  • Added a Bi-pod. It gives an effect once you prone.
  • Fixed the smoke grenade being activated when you first spawn.
  • Fixed the supply depot in the tutorial area.

The sentry turret will be delayed to the next update. The RPG-7 will be coming in a future update as well.

Update!

  • The Bi-pod is now on the Scar-H.
  • The flashlight no longer is active when the weapons with the attachment is switched.
  • Enemies no longer stop spawning after dying on one map.
  • Added a Sentry Turret.

EDIT:

Quick update!

  • Added new textures to the main menu.
  • Added new text to the main menu.
  • Added caching.
  • Max frame-rate is now 300.

Sorry for the late response. I didn’t notice this post.
I used the FPS constructor for weapon, player, and AI scripting. I made the models using Blender 3D, and most of the textures using Gimp.
If you have any questions, you could check the Q&A for an answer.

Hey I pm’d you!

Update!

  • Added RPG-7
  • The player is now unable to stay on top of the supply depot. (For anti-camping measures)
  • Slight modification to player movement.
  • Slight modification to terrain on The Beach.

Looking good man :smile: Had fun for a little bit but the boxes get boring :wink:

But i know that you are working on that :smile:

Did you do the Weapon recoils yourself? Or is it from that “fps thing” you paid for?

Thanks for feedback!

Most of the weapon mechanics such as recoil and accuracy was from the FPS constructor. I am going to start working on AI and the robot enemies soon.

Very promising! I played for a few seconds only, but I like the base of it already. But some advice: If you can, try to reduce the choppiness while shooting and receiving recoil. But I am looking forward to this!

Thanks for the feedback!

I never got any choppiness when shooting and receiving recoil. Although, I am not sure if it’s something with the Unity web player. Because when I have certain stuff open (Such as a youtube video, or the Unity editor it’s self), the game slows down. I tested it with other Unity web player games and still get the same issue. Although, I will look into this issue. Since I do know that when weapons are fired, the draw calls and polygon count do increase by a decent amount.

The animations are very smooth, good job!

Thanks!

Another update!

  • A few additions added to Uphill.
  • A terrain modification has been done to Flatlands.
  • All particles are only two draw calls.

Update!

  • Fixed the enemy shooter’s weapon rotating incorrectly.

I’m becoming addicted to this game, it’s a great way to pass time :]. Some things I noticed or wanna comment on:

-I want to credit you on your measures on recoil, you did great sticking to the more realistic side. But some of it is a bit extreme, such as the SPR modifications you can buy. After shooting, you’ll usually be looking straight up into the sky. While this isn’t a HUGE problem, could you reduce this while your either:
---------------A: Prone or crouching (reduced by 25 or so %)
---------------B: Have a different array of upgrades to help reduce it. Say a bipod while laying down or crouching will reduce it by 50 or so %. A forgrip could reduce it by 10% or so. A different stock, ect.

  • I really like your placeable cover idea. Though it’s very buggy. You’ll set one down and it’ll be upside down or balancing on it’s edge, slowly making it’s way around the map. This make’s it quite difficult to create effective barriers that’ll protect you.

  • The enemy’s that can shoot you can’t shoot up. Say as in the map Uphill, you can just get in a outpost and your basically untouchable. You probably realize this.

-SV98 has a weird sound glitch. You probably realize this also.

Some of these things might have already been said, sorry for that. All in all this is a great start to a great game. I have a blast playing this. Keep it up!!! I realize the game is still in the making, so I was just pointing things out, not critting to hard :]

Thank you so much for feedback!

  • I’m going to do some adjustments to the recoil on the SR, and Suppressor modifications. Thanks for pointing that out!

  • It’s most likely an error in the code. I’ll go back and check what I did wrong.

  • Yeah, they can’t exactly reach you on the outpost or if your on a high up area. Once I start to work on the AI, I’m going to have a climbing mechanic for them.

  • Which weapon are you referring to as the SV98? I don’t recall having that weapon in the game.

Right now, I am focusing on weapon mechanics, and map improvements. After i’m finished with that, I will start working on AI and graphics.

Update!

  • A majority of attachments have been modified.
  • SR and Suppressor mods will have recoil decreases when crouching and going to prone. There have been slight adjustments to recoil.
  • Deployable cover has been fixed.

I’m working on another map currently. It’s going to be the first infiltration map.