Sorry, I mistook your L96 as an SV98. The two guns have pretty similar looks, and the SV98 is for some reason usually painted green, so without looking I just kept typing. Do you plan for individual attachments to have certain effect on the gun?
It’s alright, we all make mistakes.
Currently, I am still thinking on which attachments should have unique effects on certain weapons.
An affect for the bipod for me would be the most helpful. There’s only a few games that I know of that list useable bipods as attachments, and since you have one, an affect to help reduce recoil would be awesome while laying down. Otherwise it’s kinda pointless. The stock will also effect recoil, along with a forgrip. These attachments, to me anyway (someone who plays basically just fps games), seem like some of the most important modifications you can buy, except optics of course. Anything that should obviously effect range, accuracy, and the functionality of the weapon would be the items I’d spend the most on. I know I’m speaking for me, but those seem like they would be changes that would most effect how the players interacts with the weapon, and eventually how well the player can handle certain situations. (Your obviously not going to handle a “Being rushed” situation the same with an SPR mod as a Supression Mod.") Just my 2 cents :].
TL:smile:R
Adding attachments, even if it’s just a few, that would effect how the gun works would be awesome.
Thanks for the feedback!
The current attachments do effect the way the weapon works. There just needs to be multiple attachments for a large difference. I am thinking of making attachments that effect how the weapon works by it’s self. Such as more total conversion mods (Like the SRMod, and Suppressor mod.)
Update!
- Added new map: “Gates.” The objective in the map is to eliminate all enemies and go to the escape door. This is mostly a test map for testing the new scripts I made for objective based maps.
- Visual improvements to “The Beach.”
- Added low graphics setting in options.
- Fixed the store GUI being active after changing levels when exiting with the “Main Menu” button.
- Changed SRMod recoil.
I changed the directory of the scripts, which lead to some objects having missing scripts. I’m pretty sure I fixed all the objects with the missing scripts, but please let me know if anything isn’t working properly.
Update!
- Vertical reset speed changed.
- Changed recoil and damage for the UMP .45, G36C, M4, M9, and P99.
- Modified terrain on “The Beach”
- Fixed the sentry turret.
- Changed settings for several attachments.
- Added CQB Light mods.
I really like the concept of Gates, it’s a lot more attention grabbing while your playing moving from task to task :]
Update!
- Fixed AA12 animations.
- Fixed concrete block textures.
I’ve been busy working on important stuff for the past several days. I’m now back to continue progress of this game.
I’m going to start working on AI and graphics very soon. I need to fix a few things before I do so.
There should be an update tomorrow.
I started playing the Flatlands map and there weren’t any enemies. Is this normal? All the screenshot show you fighting cubes.
So far it seems like you’re leveraging Unity in a smart way to put this thing together. Obviously the graphics are placeholders, so I won’t comment on them, except to say that you might want to at least decide if you’re going to go realistic or cartoony as soon as possible.
I was surprised by how intuitive it was to go prone… Is this a standard feature these days?
Is the focus going to be single-player or multiplayer? Don’t say both. Your game might support both, but which one is going to be the focus of the game?
Best of luck bringing this project to fruition. You’ve got your work cut out for you with Unity 4 and that new FPS kit in the asset store.
To start fighting against enemies, you would press V. There should be an indicator at the bottom of the in-game HUD.
The art style I’m aiming for is a clean realistic style.
Prone is a feature that’s in several FPS games.
Once I get online support added, the main focus will be multiplayer.
Thanks for the feedback!
Update!
- Added new animations for the M9, L96A1, 870, Penetrator, and G18, .
- Reduced RPG-7 explosion radius.
- Changed a few attributes for several attachments.
- Changed recoil, accuracy, and damage for the 870.
- Improved shell ejection for shotgun shells.
Update!
- Added the MP7
- Modified Slug ammo attachment.
- Changed price for the Combat Muzzle.
- Changed AA-12 damage.
- Added new ammunition type.
- Made “The Hill” easier on early waves.
Update!
- Increased MP7 starting hip fire accuracy.
- Added Burst Fire, Decrease ROF, Large Barrel, Frag Round, and Heavy Stock attachments.
- Slightly modified “The Beach” terrain.
WHEN DO WE GET TEXTURES? Lol
Update!
- Modified MP7 Accuracy and recoil.
- Changed “Flatlands” map layout.
- Re-named “Flatlands” to “Quad-Center.”
- Modified Foregrip model.
Update!
- Modified M9 reload animation.
- Added 20 gauge and Sawed-Off attachments for shotguns.
- New model for the Landmine.
- Modified weapon ammunition costs.
- Modified weapon purchasing costs.
- Added different aiming movement speeds for different weapons. Some weapons will have different movement speeds when aiming.
- Attachments that affect aiming movement speed now affect side to side movement speed.
- Added map details to “Quad-Center”
Update!
- Increased penetration level on the Penetrator.
- Added extra details to Quad-Center.
- Added extra details to Uphill.
- Increased idle sway.
- Idle sway no longer affects the camera when aiming down the sights.
- Added idle sway to weapons.
Update!
- Changed camera sway.
- Improved optimization on Quad-Center.
Update!
- Added barrels to Quad-Center
- Modified idle sway.