3D Platformer Blobby Shadow issue...

Greetings all!

I’m going through the 3D Platformer Tutorial and I’ve ran into a snag with the “blob shadow projector”.

After dragging the blob shadow projector Prefab on the top-level character object “Player”, repositioning the projector, creating a Layer and renaming it “noShadow”, I set the Player’s layer to “noShadow”.

So far so good. The problem comes when I try to set the Projector’s “Ignore Layers” entry to “noShadow” after placing Player in the “noShadow” Layer and changing the children as well. What results is Player getting covered in what I presume to be the blob shadow’s shadow, so to speak. (See screen cap) The jetpack spot light still works, though.

Even stranger still, is when I set the Player layer back to “default” it seems to work fine.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? My apologies if this issue has already been addressed somewhere else. These forums are vast!

You need to uncheck the “noShadow” layer in the projector’s culling mask (Ignore Layers)… I think you have it reversed.

Where would I find the culling mask check box? I’ve looked, but to no avail.

In the tutorial there’s an image showing the example of turning “noShadow” on in the Ignore Layers option of the Blob Shadow Projector. In the image I see (below), there is a check box, but in my version of Unity, there are none, as you can see from the image in the original post.

Is that what you’re referring to?

245130--8818--$blob_shadow_tutorial_grab_184.jpg

The culling mask is the Ignore Layers thing.

After restarting the Tutorial on my Mac instead of my PC, the blobby shadow worked. Maybe a hardware issue? Who knows.

Thank you for the responses!

I get the same problem when doing the tutorial :cry:

Is this an issue on pc computers only?