C# Scripting Tutorial

Hello Guys,

I’m very happy, so because after about 6 months of study and learning, I’m beginning to make my first games. But, a lot of questions arise every day about C# scripting, and now parallel with the games, I would like to read about C# scripting in Unity, and I was to the Scripting API, but I guess a lot confused to know the classes, and etc. Do you know any website focused on C# scripting, to intermediate and advanced level?

Thanks a lot!!

Have you tried the yellow book? It’s a book, rather then a website. But it’s considered definitive for learning programming and C#

I’ll guess you’ve probably already seen this page, but perhaps not:

A few of the topics under intermediate I’d really consider advanced, or perhaps just intermediate in difficulty to understand, but take a very long time to understand when and how to use them effectively (like interfaces and generics). If you know everything under that section well, you’ll have an excellent foundation in C#, and all of the examples are inside Unity, so perfectly relevant. It gives a good list of functionality central to C#, and if the explainations are a bit terse, you can go look up specific tutorials yourself on each topic.

Microsoft, as the creator of C#, has a wealth of documentation including:

Check this out. It seems like a lot but just watch a few per day. They create a full game and show all the code necessary to do so. You will not just learn C#, but you’ll specifically learn the C# needed to make games with Unity, as well as how to use Unity in general.

It’s tailored to exactly what you want, give it a go.

To get beyond beginner stuff, you really have to get a good book. Even then, it is hard to find true intermediate or advanced books since most are also for beginners.

Anyway, there are some highly rated Unity books on amazon, like THIS.

If that is too newbie, you might look into books that just teach game programming in general, whether or not they use Unity or C# (although preferably, unless you’re more experienced programming, you’d still want to try to keep it with C# at least).