Camera Orbit

Ok, I have this:

var target : Transform;
var distance = 10.0;

var xSpeed = 250.0;
var ySpeed = 120.0;

var yMinLimit = -20;
var yMaxLimit = 80;

private var x = 0.0;
private var y = 0.0;

@script AddComponentMenu("Camera-Control/Mouse Orbit")

function Start () {
    var angles = transform.eulerAngles;
    x = angles.y;
    y = angles.x;

	// Make the rigid body not change rotation
   	if (rigidbody)
		rigidbody.freezeRotation = true;
}

function LateUpdate () {
    if (target) {
        x += Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") * xSpeed * 0.02;
        y -= Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") * ySpeed * 0.02;
 
 		y = ClampAngle(y, yMinLimit, yMaxLimit);
 		       
        var rotation = Quaternion.Euler(y, x, 0);
        var position = rotation * Vector3(0.0, 0.0, -distance) + target.position;
        
        transform.rotation = rotation;
        transform.position = position;
    }
}

static function ClampAngle (angle : float, min : float, max : float) {
	if (angle < -360)
		angle += 360;
	if (angle > 360)
		angle -= 360;
	return Mathf.Clamp (angle, min, max);
}

And I want it to only move when the left mouse button is held down.

Where do I put the if (GetMouseButton (0)) {

and

}

I’ve tried a few different things and nothing seems to work >.<

I’m may be wrong as it’s been a while since I’ve done much camera scripting, but I’d guess everything insude your lateupdate function should be wrapped in:

if(Input.GetMouseButton(0)) {

}

Wherever i put it I always get an error where Unity expects something else >.<

any ideas?

var target : Transform;
var distance = 10.0;

var xSpeed = 250.0;
var ySpeed = 120.0;

var yMinLimit = -20;
var yMaxLimit = 80;

private var x = 0.0;
private var y = 0.0;

@script AddComponentMenu("Camera-Control/Mouse Orbit")

function Start () {
    var angles = transform.eulerAngles;
    x = angles.y;
    y = angles.x;

	// Make the rigid body not change rotation
   	if (rigidbody)
		rigidbody.freezeRotation = true;
}

function LateUpdate () {
    [B][COLOR="red"]if (target  Input.GetMouseButton(0) ) {[/COLOR][/B]
        x += Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") * xSpeed * 0.02;
        y -= Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") * ySpeed * 0.02;
 
 		y = ClampAngle(y, yMinLimit, yMaxLimit);
 		       
        var rotation = Quaternion.Euler(y, x, 0);
        var position = rotation * Vector3(0.0, 0.0, -distance) + target.position;
        
        transform.rotation = rotation;
        transform.position = position;
    }
}

static function ClampAngle (angle : float, min : float, max : float) {
	if (angle < -360)
		angle += 360;
	if (angle > 360)
		angle -= 360;
	return Mathf.Clamp (angle, min, max);
}

Thanks ^^
I didn’t know you could do two different conditions in the same input

Yep, all boolean operators, is and, || is or ! is not.